Life generates a constant hum of stress, no matter who you are or what you do. The fact is the stress doesn’t come from your boss, your kids, your spouse, traffic jams, health challenges or others. It comes from our thoughts about our circumstances. Other Surprising causes of stress include too much sugar in diet while ignoring other nutrients, excess caffeine, which activates the body’s stress hormones and makes stress worse, and unrequited usage of digital devices.
Stress impacts your body, mood, and behavior. Not only does it make you anxious, irritable and depressed, it also causes headache variations in BP, heart rate, insomnia, and even damage your immune system. Chronic stress leads to Insulin resistance thereby causing overweight and Diabetes.
Impact of Stress on Health
1.However, once blood pressure reaches about 180/110 mmHg, it is considered a medical emergency is known as a hypertensive crisis. At this stage, symptoms will show, including:
- On Body brings in Headache, rise in BP, rise in heart rate, Fatigue, Sleep problems.
- On Mood – alleviates Anxiety, Irritability, depression.
- On Behaviour – makes you indulge in Over eating/under eating, Drug / alcohol / Tobacco abuse, social withdrawal, decrease in sex drive.
2 Increased Cortisol and Epinephrine drug stress, which in turn leads to
- Rise in Blood Sugar.
- Damage to the arteries – CVD.
- Destroy connections in hippocampus (brain memory coordinating center).
- Damage your immune system.